The Bells need a few more families to host players for the 2011 season. Bells players come to Bellingham from around the country and stay in homes of local families while they play baseball from early June to mid-August.
These high level collegiate athletes play 60 games in 8 weeks and are on the road with the team for half the summer. In addition to games and practices while in Bellingham, they make community appearances and help with the Bells youth camp.
“We have hosted Bells players for the last few years and truly enjoy the experience,” says Jerry Smoot, long time Bellingham resident and Bells season ticket holder. “While my wife spoils them with her cooking when they are in town, these kids are busy and do not need us to entertain them.”
Host family benefits include:
- Ticket for each member of your household to all home games
- 50% discount on Bellingham Bells summer baseball camp for host family children that meet the age criteria for the camp
- Lifelong friendship with high level collegiate baseball player(s) and potential major leaguer(s)
- Invitation to the Bells Meet and Greet Party in early June
- 2 Bells hats and T-Shirts and 20% off team merchandise throughout the season
- Invitation to a host family group event and celebration at Joe Martin Field during the season (includes drinks and snacks for the game)
- Invitation to last home game where the Bells honor their host families on the field before the first pitch
“These young men provide great family entertainment for our community, so it feels nice to be able to offer them a room in our home during their stay.”
If you live in the greater Bellingham area, have a spare room (or area) in your home and would be interested in housing a player, please call our office at (360) 527-1035 or send us an email at email@example.com.