- How do you think our two returners (Yake and DeLaite) will impact the team and help the new players adjust to Bells baseball? "I look forward to meeting these two players. I heard a lot about their abilities and their 'make up'. I believe both guys will provide solid leadership and direction to the new players."
- We have some new schools sending us players this year (Mississippi State, Pepperdine, Valpo, etc.), what kind of edge do you think these programs will bring to Bellingham this season? "One huge aspect of playing summer baseball is becoming teammates with players from different parts of the country. This provides an opportunity for players to learn from each other both on and off the field. We have recruited players from successful programs, so these players are accustomed to structure and playing the game 'the right way'."
- Which season series are you looking forward to most and why (Home or Away)? "I am looking forward to opening up in Kelowna! That is the first series of the year. We will take 'em one at a time. I believe the Walla Walla series will be special as well. I can’t wait to open at home with our fans and home stadium!"
- Are there any standouts on this year's roster that you think will be making a big impact on this summer's team? What makes you think they will be able to adjust to a busy summer schedule? "We expect to have a very talented and competitive team this summer! I look forward to working with all the guys. It will be fun to see their personalities come out. The coaches and player spend a lot of time together both on the field and traveling. I know it will be good experience."
- What would you like our fans to know about the upcoming season? "I am excited to be a 'Bell'. I can’t wait to see you at the stadium. The fans are such a big part of the summer experience for these players! I know that the players will appreciate your support! Go Bells!"
Make sure you catch Coach Miller and the rest of the 2018 Bellingham Bells on Opening Day, June 4th, 2018!